- Gary & Holly Banford- Gary was raised in Sandy, UT and served a mission to Chicago, IL. He has owned his own HVAC business for the past 25 yrs. Gary and his wife Tammy raised their 5 kids in Grantsville, UT and loved living there. He lost his wife Tammy to Huntington's disease in April of 2016. Holly was raised in Cottonwood Heights, UT and served a mission to Baton Rouge, LA. Holly was a hair stylist as well as an instructor for 25 yrs. She and her husband Cory and their 6 kids lived throughout Davis County. Cory passed away in January of 2016 due to complications in surgery. Holly has now gone back to school at Weber State University to study Health Promotion. She was awarded a scholarship for single moms and also got a full grant. She will graduate with her bachelors degree in the fall of 2018. Gary and Holly got married on May 18, 2017 and have 11 kids between them. They feel very lucky to have been led to each other and they are very happy. They have had some amazing spiritiual and life-changing experiences over the last 2 yrs and look forward to sharing with everyone how you can launch into your new wonderful lives, whatever that may look like for you.
"Launching Into Your New Life"
- Michael Carter - Aerospace Design engineer working on top military defense systems in SLC for Northrop Grumman. Widowed for almost 5 1/2 years since his wife passed of a brain tumor. Served a Spanish speaking mission to Southern Florida and Puerto Rico. Presently, serving as the Ward Mission Leader in West Jordan, Utah. Michael has presented at both the Arizona and Idaho W/W conferences on the Atonement. He has dedicated his life to understanding and receiving the blessings of the Atonement above all else!
"Trusting in the Savior Makes Us Mighty in Hope, Faith and Charity"
- Michelle Lockhart- She became a widow in May of 2015 when her husband of nearly 30 years died of metastatic melanoma at the age of 53. Becoming a widow at the age of 49 was not in her plans. She had a year to prepare for his death, but nothing really prepares you. Michelle has been a Registered Nurse for 31 years, spending 20 of those years in trauma and ICU. She then spent 12 years in education. Her youngest child graduated from high school and left for college just months after her husband passed away. She was left alone. She had spent her life taking care of other people. She was overweight, unhealthy and emotionally drained. She was in great need of taking control of her life. She moved from Virginia to Utah, joined a gym, changed her diet and became passionate about self-care. A year after her husband’s death, she enrolled in classes to become a certified personal trainer, a nutrition councilor and a health and wellness coach. Gaining the knowledge to take control of her life put her in a place where she was ready to meet and marry her amazing husband, Stan Lockhart. As she has been able to work with clients this past year, it has brought her great joy watching them take control of their lives and seeing them truly thrive.
"The Big Four: Nutrition, Exercise, Stress, and Sleep"
- George D. Hickman has worked and taught in the Information Security field for many years. He has a Bachelor Degree from BYU and a Masters in Information Systems from SDSU. He is ABD-PhD in Technology Management - Digital Communications from Indiana State University.
He is a Tenured Associate Professor at Utah Valley University, where he has taught for 21 years and started the Information Security program there. He has also taught as an Adjunct Professor for Information Systems at BYU, where he has taught graduate classes in Information Security and Computer Forensics for the past 3 years.
His wife, Dellyce, passed 2 years ago, just before their 30th Anniversary. They are the parents of three children: Richard, 29; Michael, 27; and Angela, 20. He lives in Payson, Utah by himself, but is considering getting a dog.
"Avoiding Identity Theft and Staying Safe Online"
- Diana Hammond Thurber- I have spent most of my life in Arizona. I met my sweet husband, Paul while
attending NAU in Flagstaff and we were married in May of 1978 in the Mesa, AZ Temple. In 1981 we moved to Phoenix, and in 1986 bought a home in Mesa where I still live. Paul passed on to Heaven in December of 2006 after many years of serious health challenges and complications. We are the proud parents of 7 married children
and currently 13 beautiful grandchildren. Through many years of trials with Paul’s health as well as many of my own, I have truly learned that we do not walk this journey alone. Our Savior, Jesus Christ is there with his hand reached out to take ours and walk with us if we just invite him to do so. I have learned that with each trial we face, we are given the choice to turn to our Savior and Heavenly Father or to turn away from them. As we choose to turn towards
them, we are given their Light and power and hope as they walk with us through eachtrial. It is our choice.
"Finding Strength Through Christ and Choosing Faith and Hope"
- Richard Crum- Born in Lordsburg, NM and raised in Farmington, NM, Brother Crum now lives in Mesa, AZ. He has been widowed and is a "Papa" to 30+ grandchildren. He earned a Bachelor's of Language Arts and a Master's of Education. Married to Donna Perkins Crum
"Seventh Inning Stretch - Increasing Levels of Understanding and Reducing Pain Through Mental Flexibility"